Sunday 17 April 2011

Acetate Tree

Well I decided to give the 'Less is More Acetate Challenge' another go. A few people had done some embossing on acetate so I decided to give it a try. I have used the small Xmas tree embossing folder that was free in the Christmas issue of Docrafts Creativity Magazine. I embossing the acetate and them added some Papermania Gems and a green star gem from my stash. I cut the aperture with a Nellie Snellen Die stuck in embossed acetate in with DST and then added a sheet of white pearlescent paper to the back. The bow with the bell I got from Papermill shop before they closed down. Mandi and Chrissie certainly got me thinking with this weeks challenge and I enjoyed making both my cards. Thanks to both of you for a great
challenge every week.

I am entering this into -
Alphabet challenge - 'X' for Xmas


14 comments:

Chrissie said...

We aim to please Maureen!
This is a charming card. I'm glad you've risen to the challenge for a second time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Classy card Maureen

Kathyk

Bea said...

great card - I like the embossed tree and how you have decorated it

Ruth said...

Beautiful, the embossing looks great!

Sue said...

A lovely card Maureen. Sue.x

Rita said...

Stunning card Maureen. Hugs Rita xx

Jenny said...

Another lovely card Maureen, Christmas is a great occasion for acetate cards too :)
Jenny x

Mandi said...

Glad you enjoyed making cards with acetate
WE do our best! lol
Thanks so much, have a good week
mandi
Less is More

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is just so pretty. I LOVE the embossed tree and using the acetate gives it a real fairy tale feeling.
Caroline xxx

Susan said...

Great tree, love the touch of bling!

Chris said...

FAB Card...Chrissieann x

Michelle said...

fabulous card xx

Suze Bain said...

Lovely card Maureen, you can really see the detail if you zoom in! x

happyglitzygirl said...

Simple and elegant, lovely card, perfect for out challenge. Thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde